Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple Sunday Refashion

I'd show you another blazer outfit today, but I barely went out of the house except to go to the gym...I did wear my tan corduroy blazer when I went to the supermarket, but didn't get a photo. I spent today primarily doing some cleaning and decluttering (the desk is...mostly...straightened up). I also dug into my refashioning bin. I really want to start actually refashioning the pieces that are worth my time and putting those that aren't into the Goodwill bin; there's only so much time that I have for projects!

One refashioning project I worked on today was this skirt. (I'm not entirely sure why I'd thrifted this in the first place.) I've been wanting a high-waisted jean skirt for the spring, and this had some potential...but what's going on with the awkward length and big slit up the front?


This wasn't a hard fix, though. I just cut it shorter, up to the level of the slit, and re-hemmed it. Now I have my new high-waisted skirt!


So it's time for spring to arrive now, right? Right?

Also, as I said earlier in the week...here's a linkup for anyone who's interested in sharing some of their favorite blazer outfits. Would love to see how you all have been styling your blazers!

2 comments:

Callipygian said...

The length was ladylike while the slit added sass? Your version is a major improvement.

Terri said...

I have been looking for a gathered denim skirt, without much luck, but now that you've pointed out that I could shorten one, I probably will.  I think that skirt you thrifted was mine several months ago.  :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...