Monday, January 23, 2012

Blazer Challenge #1

All right, folks...I've decided to start a Blazer Challenge! The type of item in my closet that definitely gets the least used is my set of blazers/suit jackets...I counted this morning and I definitely have at least a dozen (all thrifted), most of which have (gasp) never been worn. Ridiculous. So this week is going to be a blazer-wearing week...let me see how many different ways I can come up with to actually wear my blazers! I'm going for at least 5 (workday) outfits, with bonus points if I find a couple of weekend blazer outfits too. To make this a bit trickier, I also have to wear a different blazer every day. Can't just stick with my one easy black blazer.


I think blazers are especially tricky for me because of how dressy they can make an outfit feel. I'm already often on the upper end of dressed-up at the Lab, and am careful how far I want to push that. (Though I've certainly developed my style a lot since the first year when my coworkers would ask if I had an interview any time I wore a skirt).

So I started off fairly easy today with this fitted navy blazer over jeans and a turtleneck. Not too fancy, but a nice touch to polish up a jeans-based outfit. However, I found that this one is a bit too tight across the shoulders...debating whether or not it should go back in my closet or in the Goodwill pile. I do like the way it looks, but comfort-wise this one didn't work as well as I'd have liked.


Also interesting to see how wavy/curly my hair gets if I air-dry it and then ignore it all day.

Anyone else interested in joining me for a challenge, break out your best blazer (or two or three)? If so, I can post a link roundup on Friday...

3 comments:

Xatalyra said...

Goodwill pile. It looks nice, but if it's not comfortable you won't wear it and shouldn't have to. Besides, you have 11 more to try instead.

Terri said...

I like the blazer with jeans...I need to try that because I have just as many blazers, mostly unworn, in my closet!  In fact, I recently gave the black blazer to my daughter...so I would wear some of the others.

a.eye said...

I want to try this, but agree that the blazer does up the outfit sometimes.  I only have three blazers, but think I'll do a blazer/cardigan-week challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...